MaltaToday

Front page.

News | Wednesday, 30 December 2009

Bookmark and Share

Escaped prisoner teases police via Facebook

An escaped prisoner in Britain has celebrated his first Christmas on the run by taunting police with photos of himself on Facebook.
On Christmas Day, Craig ‘Lazie’ Lynch, 28, even posted a photo of himself adorned in tinsel, making a rude gesture and holding a turkey.
Lynch has been on the run from Suffolk’s Hollesley Bay Prison since September but rather than hide from police he has regularly updated them on his movements via the social networking service.
Under the Christmas Day photo he wrote “If any of you was doubtin’ my freedom. Here’s proof. How the f*** could i get my hands on a bird like this in jail. ha ha.”
The same day he said: “Wow it really is xmas ha ha i cant beleive i made it f*** tha police.”
“YES YES i f***in made it to Xmas i beat their f***n system and i love it. I love you all my family my friends my lovers and all my supporters and fans i love the whole lot of you x x your the best merry xmas merry xmas merry xmas ho ho ho.”
But Lynch also revealed that at one point he heard sirens in the early hours outside his house and assumed he was about to be arrested.
He wrote an update, saying: “Oh No sirens!! Its happening.’”
However, it emerged the noise came from an ambulance helping an elderly woman across the street from his hideout.
Craig Lynch has developed a strong following on his Facebook page in Britain as he continues to taunt police.
In an update on Sunday he said: “It is freezin out there. I wonder if i can take the right p*** and stay out til the summertime ha ha.”
Lynch was nearing the end of a seven year sentence for aggravated burglary when he escaped from the open prison on September 23.
Last week it was revealed that he had bragged about relaxing on a sunbed, eating 12lb steaks and making plans to attend a New Year’s Eve party in Lowestoft, Suffolk.
He boasted about staying one step ahead of police who were monitoring his Facebook page for any clues to his whereabouts.
Lynch revealed that he was planning to go to the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent to take his “little princess” to meet Santa.
Later he updates his site to say that he was walking through the centre with a 4ft tall Winnie The Pooh.
His life on the run has attracted a 1,247 following on Facebook.
Fans have been adding messages of support from his site, but others have posted messages describing him as an idiot and have set up an opposition page called Craig ‘Lazie’ Lynch is a loser!
One follower wrote: “How stupid can people be egging this idiot on? How can people think that this guy is a hero when we’ve got lads risking their lives every day in Afganistan, they are the real heroes.”

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Download front page in pdf file format

Download the MaltaToday newspaper advertising rates in PDF format

European Elections special editions

01 June 2009
02 June 2009
03 June 2009
04 June 2009
08 June 2009

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email