MaltaToday

Front page.

News | Wednesday, 18 November 2009

Bookmark and Share

Falzon to complete his annual report

Auditor Joe Falzon will not resign before completing his annual report and has asked the Authority to tell him clearly what is being expected of him.
“I am fed up with the hostility around me. I think am the only person in MEPA, whom they will happily give the honoraria even if I don’t turn up for work,” MEPA auditor Joe Falzon told MaltaToday.
But Falzon has not decided on whether to resign, insisting that he is waiting for “the waters to calm down” and for MEPA to tell him exactly what it is expecting of him.
“They should at least tell me what they expect of me. If I don’t like what they want of me I will at least have a reason for resigning.”
He insists that he is simply doing what was expected of him when he was appointed auditor.
“My reports are factual. I simply identify whether decisions abide by policies.”
But auditor Joe Falzon will definitely not resign before completing his annual report-the only document in which he can communicate his work to the general public and not just the complainants.
Falzon’s term will expire in June. When asked whether he would be available to serve another three years, Falzon replied that he has not taken any decision on this.

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Download front page in pdf file format

Reporter

All the interviews from Reporter on MaltaToday's YouTube channel.

A question of transparency

Saviour Balzan
Absolute trust

Anna Mallia
The rights of children – but what about their duties?

Harry Vassallo
Eight bells and all’s well

European Elections special editions

01 June 2009
02 June 2009
03 June 2009
04 June 2009
08 June 2009

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email