MaltaToday

Front page.

NEWS | Monday, 08 June 2009

Bookmark and Share

Deidun flounders, ‘Utility bills reason for PN loss’

Nationalist MEP candidate Alan Deidun yesterday came to terms with the PN’s crushing defeat by saying voters did not understand the European dimension of the EP elections.
According to party observations, Deidun was not registering among the top PN candidates.
“I am disappointed at the result. My thoughts are pretty much those of Tonio Borg (deputy prime minister). Since the PN is the party that has always worked for Europe, I think it deserved to fare better in these elections,” Deidun said.
He added that the PN now had to look into the concerns expressed by the 30,000 odd voters who had given Labour their majority.
“There were many local issues, such as the increase in the utility bills and immigration. Many voters did not understand this was a European election,” Deidun said.

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Download front page in pdf file format

Reporter

All the interviews from Reporter on MaltaToday's YouTube channel.

Saviour Balzan
Say goodbye to GonziPN. Now what next?

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email