Front page.

NEWS | Thursday, 04 June 2009

Bookmark and Share

ON THE RECORD

Compiled by James Debono

Marlene Mizzi
Partit Laburista

On working under Austin Gatt:
“I also told him (The Prime Minister) I was fed up of working with Austin Gatt, that he is not a people’s man, that he treats people like obsolete computers.”
July 2005, MaltaToday

On partisan politics:
“I have no interest in partisan politics. I really dislike this petty Maltese mentality where one is branded red or blue as soon as one shows an opinion. I am born a Maltese citizen. I am not born red or blue. I have also been born with a mind, and I like to use my own not somebody else’s.”
June 2005, MaltaToday

After being cleared of any wrong doing in an enquiry on Sea Malta:
“I have no doubt that, he would have loved to crucify me if even the slightest peccadillo were to be found… Evidently, my not having been publicly hung, drawn, and quartered by Austin Gatt is certainly not for lack of his trying,”
May 2007, MaltaToday

On voting Labour after voting yes in the referendum:
“Where’s the inconsistency?” she instantly replies. “Bear in mind at the time I was a private citizen, not a public figure, and really and truly how I voted is my own affair. In any case, I used my vote to get what I felt was the best for my country. Five years ago, I wanted Malta to join the EU, but I also wanted a change in government...”
May 2009, MaltaToday

On EU commission proposal to extend maternity leave to 20 weeks:
“Such changes in working conditions affect both the employee and the employer. The state of the economy must be taken into account at the time such proposals are made because increasing maternity leave has a financial impact on the employer and this may place financial pressure on the firm which may not be sustainable. However, having said so, I think it is about time we make things easier for working women who are trying to raise a family.”
May 2009, Pink Magazine

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Download front page in pdf file format

Reporter

All the interviews from Reporter on MaltaToday's YouTube channel.

Saviour Balzan
A day in the life

David Friggieri
Transcript from a European election debate

Steve Borg
The book trade, Malta and the EU

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email