MaltaToday

Front page.

NEWS | Tuesday, 02 June 2009

Bookmark and Share

Scicluna files two libel cases against PN media

Edward Scicluna, Labour candidate for the European Elections, yesterday filed two libel cases against Nationalist Party media In-Nazzjon and NET TV.
Addressing a news conference in front of the Law Courts, Scicluna said he had become “the target of a string of deceitful reports” appearing in the PN media over statements he made on healthcare financing before becoming a PL candidate.
He said the PN was “resorting to lies and twisting of facts in a campaign to tarnish my credibility and integrity, and therefore to harm me days before the European Parliament election.”
Scicluna is currently Labour’s frontrunner according to polls conducted by MaltaToday.
Scicluna sued In-Nazzjon editor Alex Attard, regarding an article which he said contained false and defamatory allegations made in his regard, attributing to him words he never said.
The second case was filed against Louiselle Vassallo regarding a political spot which appeared on NET TV on Thursday 28 May entitled ‘From Labour candidate Edward Scicluna YouTube Channel’. Scicluna claimed a number of false allegations were made to purposely tarnish his reputation.
“The spot made use of footage taken from speeches which I had made, and which were manipulated to convey the opposite of what I stated about free healthcare. I am, and have always been, in favour of a free healthcare system. Moreover, I never gave government any advice on health,” Scicluna said.

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Download front page in pdf file format

Reporter

All the interviews from Reporter on MaltaToday's YouTube channel.

Saviour Balzan
Can anyone tell me where the **** is Richard?

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email