MaltaToday

Front page.

NEWS | Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Bookmark and Share

High time MEPA reform takes place – Triccas

MEP candidate Robert Metsola Tedesco Triccas said government should pull up its socks and deliver the promised reform at the Malta Environment and Planning Authority.
“It’s high time the promised reform takes place. I know discussions are on, but I believe it’s high time that the reform is introduced,” said the 30-year-old lawyer mother of two.
Answering questions by journalists at public discussion held at the University of Malta, Tedesco Triccas was asked to single out one item she was not happy with in the government’s performance.
“When you go to someone’s house and they tell you it is not acceptable that they are kept waiting for so long to get a reply or a decision from MEPA; or being kept for so long to get an answer when all they get is a completely inconsistent decision when compared with that of their neighbour,” she said.
“As a country we need a reform, not only in MEPA’s structures but in its policies. The country needs this reform and the government needs to be quick in taking this measure.”
Since the start of her campaign, Tedesco Triccas has also claimed that the government should refund the VAT motorists paid on the registration tax on car purchases they made after EU accession in 2004.
The candidate also expressed concern over the lack of rights for cohabiting, unmarried couples. She said the 1998 electoral promise by the PN had “vanished” and said it was time to act on the matter.
Despite her frank approach, she stayed clear of addressing the controversial issue of divorce, stating that she was against it.
She said she was still running around in her electric car – one of the features of her carbon neutral campaign – but complained it has been the cause of some frustration when it gets ‘stuck’. “Every night I take note of how many miles I made with my car and we calculate the savings on the environmental impact. I still need to decide what kind of Nature Trust environmental project I will do with the saved money.”

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Download front page in pdf file format

Reporter

All the interviews from Reporter on MaltaToday's YouTube channel.

Editorial

Rethinking Libya

Opinion

Anna Mallia
Chaos in communications

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email