MaltaToday

News | Sunday, 22 March 2009

MaltaToday journalist leaves for Gaza

Karl Schembri heads for Palestinian territory to join Ramattan news agency

MaltaToday’s deputy editor Karl Schembri, 30, will be leaving for Gaza to commence a new assignment as a correspondent for the independent Palestinian news agency Ramattan.
With 14 years’ experience in journalism, Schembri joined MaltaToday five years ago, becoming news editor and serving as deputy editor for the last two years.
Last January, he reported for MaltaToday from Rafah in the aftermath of the Israeli siege on Gaza.
“Working with MaltaToday journalists was one hell of an adrenaline rush which I will always remember,” he said yesterday on his last day of work.
MediaToday’s Managing Editor Saviour Balzan said he wished Karl Schembri the very best in his new post and looked forward to welcoming him back to the MediaToday stable after his sojourn in Gaza.
“Karl and his investigative style will be missed, but we are optimistic that he will return in the very near future to the MaltaToday newsroom. I hope he takes care of himself to return back to Malta and share his experiences which I am sure will enrich the newsroom.”
Karl Schembri will remain a regular contributor to MaltaToday with weekly contributions from Gaza.

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email