MaltaToday

News | Sunday, 15 February 2009

Vince Farrugia confirms EP bid

GRTU Director-General Vince Farrugia has confirmed he has finally decided to contest the European Parliament (EP) elections with the Nationalist Party after months of indecision.
Speaking to MaltaToday, Farrugia said: “I confirm that I will be contesting the European Parliament election in June and that the Prime Minister has confirmed that he accepts to nominate me with open arms.”
Farrugia explained that he was “not yet officially a candidate” and that he had not yet “formally applied to be accepted as a candidate”. “But I will be submitting my application in the coming days,” he added.
“It is hard for me to become a politician, but it is the only way a Maltese can become an MEP,” Farrugia told MaltaToday.
The GRTU chief said that “talks have been going on for some time between the two sides” prior to taking the decision to contest.

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email