MaltaToday

News | Sunday, 21 December 2008

‘He’s just like my granny’s ram!’

Gozo minister’s husband likens Francis Zammit Dimech to horny family pet

A humorous vignette by parliamentary secretary for the elderly Mario Galea must have surely caused red faces all round, especially for former tourism minister Francis Zammit Dimech, last Friday.
Writing in his column in the PN daily In-Nazzjon, Galea gave vent to Zammit Dimech’s amorous exhibition with the ladies at a wedding, in which a wisecrack by the husband of Gozo minister Giovanna Debono surely made many readers their day.
“We were at a wedding. As he was leaving, Francis Zammit Dimech starting kissing every woman he could find. Finally he came to Giovanna Debono, who was with her husband Toni. Francis went over to Giovanna and started kissing her. He took his time,” Galea wrote, setting the scene to a typical encounter with the gregarious Zammit Dimech.
“Toni then turned towards me, saying, ‘All this kissing just to tell her bye. And right in front of me. What about when she’s alone in Malta. I’ll be at home in Gozo cooking the minestra while Zammit Dimech is smooching my wife’.
“When Francis left, Toni turned to us and told us: ‘Zammit Dimech reminds me of my grandma’s ram (muntun). That wretched creature was just like him. He would ravish every ewe he could find in the herd.”

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email