MaltaToday | 20 April 2008 | Marlene Pullicino denies leaking Mistra documents

NEWS | Sunday, 20 April 2008|NEWS | Sunday, 20 April 2008

Marlene Pullicino denies leaking Mistra documents

Marlene Pullicino strongly denied being the source of Labour’s revelations on her former husband’s involvement in the development of disco in Mistra.
“Some even spread the rumour that I was the source of Labour’s story. I did not know anything about the case,” she said in an exclusive interview (see page 12-13). “I only talk to my former husband about our children.
Neither did my children know anything, as he does not talk to them about business. I chose not to comment on the case as anything I could have said could have been misinterpreted, and my children would have suffered more.”
She describes the last week of the election as a “painful experience” for her family, especially for her two children, aged 19 and 17 respectively.
“I do not know whether Jeffrey is guilty or not. But he is an adult and he can take care of himself. But the children were suffering. I discussed the issue with my daughter Jennifer who agreed with me that I should say nothing.”
In the same interview, Pullicino reiterated her support for Labour’s leadership contender George Abela.
After attending Abela’s first public activity in the Bormla Regatta Club last week, Marlene revealed that it was Dominic Fenech – the acting chairman of the PBS editorial board – who arranged a meeting between her and the newly elected Labour MP. She left the meeting convinced that Abela was the best leader Labour could have.
The former Nationalist candidate, who switched to Labour after the 2003 election, firmly believes that Abela is the best person to attract former Nationalist voters.
Heralding a new era where the two parties are practically identical twins and where everybody can support Labour without renouncing any fundamental beliefs, Pullicino described Abela as a “bridge between those who always voted Labour and those who have been contemplating voting for Labour a very long time.”
She claims that only Abela can reassure this category of voters who so far have been turned off by Labour’s antics at the very fateful moment.
“When it comes to the last minute decision, they always find something that turns them off Labour. George Abela can reassure these people.”
In the interview Pullicino also reiterated her conservative position against the introduction of divorce: citing her Catholic faith, rather than political or social arguments, to justify her stand.

jdebono@mediatoday.com.mt

Any comments?
If you wish your comments to be published in our Letters pages please click button below.
Please write a contact number and a postal address where you may be contacted.

Search:

MALTATODAY
BUSINESSTODAY

MaltaToday News 
20 April 2008

Cassola ‘available’ for AD leadership

The hunting waiting game

Court refuses to settle faux nobles' chivalric feud

Bertu Mizzi eyes bungalows at Ghadira

The ’68 revolution? We had it too… in print

Excess patients start spilling into Mater Dei day care unit

Casa supports Olympic boycott, Muscat cautious of ‘theatrical moves’

Lidl Malta gives green light to unions

Strasbourg court says 20 years too long to wait for compensation on expropriated land

Aborting the truth about contraception

Today Institute calls for radical reform in MEPA set-up

PBS ‘meddling in MLP campaign'

Can Maltese tourism take the heat?

Copyright © MediaToday Co. Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 9016, Malta, Europe
Managing editor Saviour Balzan | Tel. ++356 21382741 | Fax: ++356 21385075 | Email