Malta Today

This Week Sport News Personalities Local News Editorial Top News Front Page This Week Sport News Personalities Local News Editorial Top News Front Page This Week Sport News Personalities Local News Editorial Top News Front Page

News • November 28 2004

Alfred versus Jason

Alfred Grixti is not ruling out contesting the post of Labour party Secretary general in January 2005 presently held by Jason Micallef. Talking to MaltaToday, Mr Grixti an educator by profession said that he had been taken aback by the number of MLP activists who had encouraged him to contest. “I am not confirming or denying, but if I do it I will do it for the love of the party.” Asked if deputy leader Michael Falzon was backing him. Mr Grixti said that he not been approached by any of the Deputy leaders. When asked if Alfred Sant was behind him. He added that Alfred Sant did not get involved in such things. Mr Grixti is a member on the Labour party executive and also holds the post of assistant PRO. Last year he contested the post of Secretary general but failed to get elected. However in the election for a post on the Labour party executive he attained the largest number of votes with 582.

Newsworks Ltd, Vjal ir-Rihan, San Gwann SGN 02, Malta
E-mail: maltatoday@newsworksltd.com